I actually want to post this on ‘our’ tumblr but I’m not sure yet
- Cheating is always a choice, not a mistake: I put this as number 1 cuz to me, it’s like the golden rule of cheating or whatever. Lol. For real though, think about it. When people cheat, they say it was a mistake or the work of the devil, but come on. It was a conscious choice. Okay, let’s say I go to a guy friend’s house. On my way there, I’m obviously not thinking to myself ‘oh yes! cheating time! *white girl fist pump*’, but at that moment that he begins to touch me or lean in to kiss me, I’m conscious of what is going on. Not stopping it, initiating it or going along with it IS my choice.
- Cheating doesn’t mean you have to kiss, meet or have sex with someone else. Once you find yourself deleting messages so your partner will not see them, then you already are there: Idk how I exactly feel about this. Like yeah, it seems logical, but everything is not what it seems (Wizards of Waverly place ^_^ ..anyways..) SOMETIMES, your significant other might not just understand or want to understand. For instance, if I have a male best friend and we’re superrr close, act like siblings, playfully call each other sugary names and all that, BUT we have NO feelings for each other, I might still find myself deleting messages from him. NOT because I’m guilty of anything, but because my boyfriend might not understand, or believe me when I say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is going on. Like yeah, I know he’s meant to trust me and blah blah blah, but I also know that the human mind is very skeptical. Even when you want to believe something with your whole heart, there’s still just that little something in your head telling you ‘hmmm…”
- In the day of modern technology, I do believe the lines of cheating are becoming more and more blurred every second. There’s no more secret hotel room charges, or the classic voicemails; its all in the hidden meanings between those “likes”, “favorites” and “posts” (http://silver13lining.tumblr.com/): YES YES YES to this! On twitter, you see girls saying stuff like “Don’t RT my boo” or “Don’t “hi :$” my boo”. Lol. They might make it seem like oh, it’s all bare jokes, but trust me, 95% are serious lowkey. And I actually don’t blame them oh. Especially when they say “Don’t DM my boo”. Le DM is a very dangerous place. If you didn’t know, know now. I don’t know the thing you’re saying there that you cannot just tweet for all of us to see, I mean, no be di same 140 karatas wey dey deh? Okay I’m not saying that oh, once your ‘boo’ DMs someone, likes a girl’s fb status or favorites another babe’s tweet, he’s automatically cheating. But the thing is that these little things might actually be signs from God through technology. Lol. Imagine if for instance, one girl you’ve already been suspecting tweets “I wish you and I could just forget about the rest of the world and run away together. They don’t know about us <3” and your ‘boo’ faves it. Hmm *Mr. Theodore’s voice* “Wahalar dey wahalar dey”
- “Cheating is not an accident. Falling off a bike is an accident. You don’t trip and fall into a vagina”: I LOVEEEE this oneeeee. LOL my mental picture of this is hilarious… Anyways yeah, this just relates to point number one. You really zon’t trip and fall into a vagina.
- It’s worse for a girl to cheat: Okay everytime I hear this thing, I VEX. Like serious vex. Please how is it worse? Cheating is cheating. For instance now, if two people, both involved in relationships, cheat with each other, society is usually quick to call the girl a whore and let the boy go scot free. I HATE this soooo much. BOTH of them were involved in the act, BOTH of them cheated on their significant others, and if you necessarily have to call names, BOTH of them should be called ‘whores’.
- Cheating also comprises- Cute texts, Long hugs and Hand holding: What do you guys think about this? Where do you draw the line and say “this is cheating” when it comes to the physical stuff?
- “I chose to stay with him for all the things he did right and not leave him for one thing that he did wrong.”: I think this is a line from a movie, which I do not know. Lol. I believe this is one of the major reasons why people who have been cheated on stay. But chill, if for instance, your boo kills your father and that’s the ONLY wrong thing he’s ever done to you EVER!, would you stay for “all the things he did right”? Jk jk jk, I’m just being silly =)) I actually find this quite cute, but it’s sooo dangerous as well to keep thinking this way, bc you give people the opportunity to take advantage of you.
- “As long as you like/love the person that you’re with.. Cheating shouldn’t be a problem.”: Came across this in a random girl’s text post. She talked about how she knows that humans are imperfect and all but she doesn’t think it is difficult AT ALL to NOT cheat. And though I hardly have any experience whatsoever when it comes to relationship drama, I actually agree with her. To me, the key word in this quote is “love”. I mean, if you truly love someone, you’re not meant to be willing to do anything to hurt him/her soooo… From this, can we actually conclude that if you can actually cheat on your significant other, maybe that isn’t the person that you truly love? Yes? No? Tbh, I really don’t know because I am still yet to experience the great temptation that precedes cheating.
- Once a cheater, always a cheater: Mm-hm. This is like the most controversial one. I’ve heard so many people arguing about this. My friend made a point that I found very interesting. She said, “If the thing that’s meant to stop him from cheating was not there the first time, how do I know that it would just appear the next time?”. That’s the thing; you never ever know. Idk if I agree with this. I mean, people change …………… or do they?
- “It’s not in my place to tell her that he’s cheating on her”: If you know that your friend is being cheated on, would you let him/her know? Or do you think it’s SOLELY their (them and their partners’) business and none of yours? I know at times, we wouldn’t want to seem like the evil witches and wizards that caused the relationship to scatter, but then again, is that worth betraying our friends’ trust?
- Cheating is inevitable: I was very taken aback the first time I heard that some people actually firmly believe that cheating is inevitable in a relationship. I believe it is this mindset that might encourage cheating in the first place? But then again, maybe I’m naive. What do you guys think?
Anywaysss, just wanted to stir your minds up a bit with this. What exactly counts as cheating to you? Do you think cheating is inevitable? Would you stay with/go back to your significant other if he/she cheats on you? If your friend’s S.O cheats on him/her, would you let him/her know? Please give me feedback. I want to know what you guys thinkkk ^_^